You have just learned that you are pregnant and you are frightened at the idea of having to buy maternity clothes? You think you should abandon your own style and wear the shirt of your man? There is nothing to worry about at this point as nowadays lots of maternity clothes collections appeared on the market to suit both your mom growing belly and your fashion style. Experienced designers have conceived contemporary pieces of clothing dedicated to today’s women: convenient, comfortable, elegant, versatile, stylish and especially created to accommodate all sizes from the beginning to the end of the pregnancy.
Here are some fashion tips that will help you remain trendy during these nine months:
- Do justice to your curves and emphasize them with tight tops. Do not hide yourself in clothes that are three times too big for you. To further emphasize your curves, choose stretch fabrics, close-fitting and comfortable. Go for extensible fabrics, but be careful to choose the ones that let your skin breathe. The elasticity of the tissues will also allow you to wear your clothes a little longer during and after pregnancy.
- Try bright colors or pastels for the ups and dark colors for the downs. Thus you will create an optical illusion and distract attention from your larger parts.
- Opt for adjustable systems that adapt to all stages of pregnancy and do not put pressure on your belly.
- Go for the 3 in 1 model of pants that you can wear with tight sweaters without letting the “bumps” in your stomach be seen. There are three ways to wear them: unfolded to cover the belly, folded once for a comfortable mid-belly sensation or folded twice to support the abdomen.
- Leave half an inch of ease in the thigh when you buy a new pair of trousers.
- Buy a good maternity bra and be proud of your beautiful neckline, emphasizing it by low-cuts.
- Buy clothes that you can interchange or items that pair up easily: beige skirt, gray trousers, little black dress, etc.. You can then match them with other colorful items or accessories to create several different outfits.
- Opt for skirts, jeans and trousers with side or ventral panels. We find more and more of them in stores. It is even possible to buy them in different cuts: straight leg, skinny jeans, etc.. Several jersey skirts with a wide band in the stomach can also work very well even if they are not just for pregnant women.